The day after Christmas, we took an overnight train ride to a neighboring country for a few days of vacation. Our sweet friend, Kanani, gifted us with the train tickets as our Christmas gift! The kids thought it was a great adventure! Bunk sleeping on a train was a first for them! It was okay for the adults, but sleeping was tough. The train was loud and we were stopped twice for border patrol to come on the train and check everyone's documents. Each stop took an hour. Not much sleeping happened. We stayed the first night at a hotel (using points) and the rest of the time was at an Air B&B. They celebrate Christmas on January 7th, so there was a Christmas market we could go to! Lots of fun stuff to see. The last two days were hard because I, Rachel, got sick with fever, chills, and body aches. John also had been coughing the whole week and it had gotten worse. I'm not sure what I had, but I stayed put in the apartment the last two days. Phil took the kids on some adventures so they could get out of the house. We were all glad to be back home after several days away. Being in a new country where we didn't know the language, the transportation, and our phones did work outside of wifi, gave us an appreciation for how far we've come in our new home.









No comments:
Post a Comment