When we moved into this new (to us) house, we brought all of our spices and food from our kitchen. My friend said we could use whatever was in her kitchen, so I added my ingredients to hers. The first week we lived here, I made several things from the Magnolia Table cookbook. Every time I made something, my family would comment on how salty it was. I wasn't sure what was going on. I like to bake/cook and don't normally have a problem following a recipe. I couldn't understand what was going on. Finally, Phil said he would taste all of the baking ingredients to find out why everything was salty. Since nothing was labeled, I just guess at which ingredients were in which containers. Biggest canister---flour. Next size down---sugar. WRONG! I had added my bag of sugar to that canister thinking it was sugar. Nope. It was salt. So, I had been using a mix of salt and sugar all week every time a recipe called for sugar. Pancakes, cookies, lemon bars, donuts...ewwww! I'm so glad we finally figured out the problem.




No comments:
Post a Comment