Sunday was our last day at our home fellowship. We have been at Grace for ten years this August. We moved here when our sweet Anna was only four months old and Grace was the first fellowship we visited. We stayed. I cannot even begin to say all that I want to say about our community there. I am daily overwhelmed by how our people there were the hands and feet of Jesus! We experienced several hard things while being there and never once did we not have someone (or lots of someones) to step in and share our burdens. Thank you, Grace & friends, for loving us so well the last ten years. We will miss you all dearly!
Phil was able to sing on worship team the last Sunday there and I wept through every song. We sang the song by Andrew Peterson & Ben Shive (with Ben playing the piano our last Sunday there) "Is He Worthy?" I could not think of a more appropriate way to leave than to sing and know that He is.
We spent the rest of the day with Phil's sister Valerie and her family. She was so sweet to buy us birthday cakes and sing to us knowing we will soon celebrate both of our birthdays in a new place away from family.



No comments:
Post a Comment