Today was huge! For 3 1/2 years, I have gotten up in the morning, scraped together something for breakfast and lunch, kissed my wife and kids good-bye and put in a full days work (sometimes more) at the Nissan HR department. So many great experiences...so many great relationships. I've told many people this analogy, but it bears repeating because it's exactly how I feel. My immediate team (and the larger HR team) has so much talent. I liken it to a symphony. Everyone is so well placed and such an expert in their craft. Together, we make beautiful music together. Nissan People: it has been such an honor to work next to you and learn so much from each of you. Thank you for the hours that have been put in to turn a difficult job into a beautiful piece of art.
As I said my final good-byes to my friends at Nissan, I realized that we are one step closer to August 14th (our leave date). One step closer to our new life.
In three weeks, I will get up in the morning, scrape something together for breakfast and lunch, kiss my wife and kids, and we will walk together to school. I will still put in a full days work (sometimes more). I will have new experiences and new relationships, but I will still be working with an awesome team.
Someone asked me tonight what I am most excited about...I've not thought of that. Its just been gogogo since we made the decision to move that I haven't had the chance to think about it. "The Kids" I said. "Meeting the kids I will be teaching". Nervous...but mostly excited. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment