Today we started teacher orientation at the school where we will be working. Since we weren't in our new apartment yet, we came in on Monday and Tuesday to do some classroom setup. Most of the elementary rooms were moved around, so none of the classrooms were organized yet. Several times this week I said that I wish I had taken before pictures of all the mess, so I could see how much progress had been made. There are a couple that show the work in progress, but most of them are of the finished classroom or our apartment (although neither are really finished yet). We have made a lot of progress and continue to put one foot in front of the other and keep working. There are several students that have come in every day this week to help! Even though there is so much work to do, it is so refreshing to be able to see Phillip and for us to be able to work together. We walk almost everywhere here, so we spend lots of time together as a family! I love it! The kids will spend the next three days with our friends that have been so generous in receiving us here and helping with all kinds of needs!
In the midst of teacher orientation, we also moved into our apartment! It is on the 12th floor of a building that is a 5 minute walk from school and about 15 minutes from our friends' house. We will be about a 5 minute walk from our other friends that came here at the same time as us from our home fellowship.
![]() |
| Phil's classroom |
![]() |
| Patching up Martin (the hedgehog) |
![]() |
| Target finds! |
![]() |
| My awesome helpers! |
![]() |
| Work in progress |
![]() | ||
So much left to do, but so much done!
|













No comments:
Post a Comment